Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Trust in the Lord: Kallie, January 25th

Hello everyone!!

This has been such a crazy and emotional week!

Studies have been great! I have learned a lot about how I can make the
best out of my circumstances and how Heavenly Father is trying to
teach me to have faith, strength and allow myself to grow! It has been
great!

A great quote which I came upon was ' A great coach knows that teams
never stay the same; they get better or worse every day. A successful
coach consistently trains and prepares his team. The Lord has said
that we must be prepared and follow His instructions if we want to
succeed. This instruction entails lasting life lessons. A coach is a
teacher and is dedicated to helping team members correct mistakes so
they can strive for perfection. We receive direction that helps us
improve each day. Heavenly Father and the Savior have given us the
path to follow." Christ is our supreme example! As we continue to
focus that God is in charge that everything will work out!! :)

Sunday church was cancelled all over due to the snow and Ice! I was a
little bit bummed out but, we came back to our apartment and had
Sunday school by ourselves. The spirit was really strong as we learned
about the savior and testified of him! I love being a missionary,
carrying the spirit with me and sharing it with others!
It is such a privilege and opportunity!

Something fun that happened is week was that we had a worldwide
missionary devotional! It was so great! We learned a lot about the
fundamentals of missionary work and how to stretch to become better
Missionaries!

Well,  I am heading back to Utah this week. I have been pretty sick
lately and through lots of prayers and fasting the Mission President,
his wife and I have decided that It would be best if I take some time
to figure things out in Utah and then come back out! I just want to
thank everyone who has been such a great support to me while I have
been out! It has helped me get as far as I have! I love you all so
much!

I just wanted to leave you with my testimony that I know the Savior
lives! That he loves us! The whole point of this life is to learn and
grow, and do what is necessary to return to live with our Heavenly
Father. Jesus Christ, lived an absolutely perfect life, free of sin.
His perfection is INFINITE. Using this infinite perfection, he is
willing to make up the difference for my faults, as long as I strive
to take care of what I can. He didn't have to do this, but He loved us
enough to sacrifice His precious life in order to give us the chance
to live again! He  I am forever grateful to my Savior for sacrificing
to pay my debt. The wonderful news is that His sacrifice applies to
your debt as well, as long as you follow His direction.

Thought of the week:
Don’t quit. Don’t give up. Let God do His work in you. The greatest
tragedy is to miss what God wants to teach us through our troubles.”
We do not know how long we will live on earth or what Heavenly Father
has in store for us. We must trust in Him, make the most of each
moment, and use our talents and gifts to improve our lives and to
serve others. President Thomas S. Monson has declared:
“Though the storm clouds may gather, though the rains may pour down
upon us, our knowledge of the gospel and our love of our Heavenly
Father and of our Savior will comfort and sustain us and bring joy to
our hearts as we walk uprightly and keep the commandments. …

Love you all!!

Sister Kallie McCulloch
Kallie with President and Sister Alexander

With Sister Corrigan and President Alexander


No comments:

Post a Comment