Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Listening to the Spirit: Charlie, January 25th

Hey all Y'all, 
Well just to say; it feels so good to email on a Monday again. 
Tuesday after emails, Sister Goade and I took pictures by the railroad! That was fun! Then we had the evening with the Finlinsons. It was so much fun. We had plans to see Charles( Sister Sinclair's husband) when we got there her son was there. We helped him out with his concerns and all of the sudden Charles comes down stairs. It was so cool. We had Elder Finlinson talking to Charles about Cars! They both loved it. Well after a bit we went and saw Bill and Bernice. 
Wednesday we had a World Wide Missionary Conference! IT was so cool! For the most part it was same things that we missionaries hear all the time, Work with members and less actives, listen to the spirit ect... But this time it was better because they didn´t just tell us what to do. They actually told us how to do it. It´s so much more helpful when they do that. I learned so much and what I want to use more in my teaching. It was so cool to know that all of the missionaries were watching it at the same time. That doesn't' happen. The only ones who weren't watching it was the ones sleeping. It was so cool also because I saw my Salt Lake City South Missionaries I served with on the screen. It was so cool. After words we went to Briana's and talked for a bit and then later on the day we went out to see Lareeta. See was a little sick so we made it a quick visit. We did the same thing with Tanisha; but she wasn't sick, she was just leaving. We ended our evening talking with Shandora and Bill and Bernice. 
Thursday Sister Goade had an amazing experience about who we needed to see that day. So we tried a few people but they didn't' work. So we tried Ms. Fannie Green. It was a quick talk outside because she was going into town and she told us to come back the next day. Well after that we tried some more but I guess it was a little cold and no one wanted to answer their doors. Later we went to Connie's. She is amazing. Near the end of our visit she asked us next time if we would brake down the 13 Articles of Faith. Sister Goade and I looked at each other and smiled. Exciting news I finished the Book Of Mormon!!!!! I know that the book of Mormon is true. It truly has helped me out in so many ways each time I read it. 
Friday was our planning day! (kind of) The good news I don't have my awful looking wart on my foot anymore. They removed it at 10 something. Well I really didn't get to see them remove it. It was on the wrong side. But just to say Sister Goade didn't like it that much. She told me in the car that she almost died seeing that much blood. Well just to say I was so grateful when I was out of that place. Well after the Doctors we went to the mission office to tell Sister Finlinson that it went well and asked if I should  go get the medicine they told me to get. She told me I really didn't' need to get it. Well they invited us to eat our lunches at the office because soon we would have our interviews with President Cottle. Well just to say we got a little weekly planning in while we where there. After interviews we went to Ms. Fannie's. On our way we got in a mini Hail storm. We talked with her about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. We got back and had dinner with Shandora and then went to Bill and Bernice. Just to say Bernice was so worried about me. Hoping that things went well at the doctors. I just love them so much. 
Saturday morning we get a phone call from Bernice! She told us to look outside. 
We open the blinds and guess what? IT SNOWED!!! (just a little) Also It was so cold all day! We where able to talk with Ms. Hoyt over the phone and Clifton! In the lesson with Clifton he looked over and said I looked so tired. Sister Goade realized that it was time to take the Advil. He said that made sense. After Clifton we went to Macon again! We where able to teach the Priest and Laurels about missionary work. We were told it was just a stake activity. When we got there we found out it was 5 stakes! I was so nervous! The cool thing was I had planned about what I was going to tell the youth. The first group it went well. I was able to say what I planned. The next group came and the spirit had me change plans. So I told my experience of how I can on a mission. It was so cool! I did that for group 3 and 4 as well but there where things added to it that I didn't even plan on saying. The spirit is so amazing! He truly knew what the youth needed to hear. 
After words we where able to hear President and Sister Cottle speak to them. Just to say Sister Cottle got President Cottle to blush. It was so funny. I have never seen him blush before in my life. It was just a great experience. Also I felt like I was in the youth program again. We got home around 7:30. So we went to Sister Upshaw's and talked with her for a bit, then we went to Bill and Bernice's. It was so much fun. 
Sunday was wonderful. We didn't have that much people there. A lot of the numbers came from the stake. We had President Applebee, Bishop Kidd, Stake Primary Presidency, High Councilor. It was cool. We thought we where going to become a branch; but we didn't.  But things went great. Sister Goade talked about hope. It truly was amazing. After Church we where able to call Sister Nesmith. She amazing. She said she loves when we call her every week. 
Well the day went on and we just tried a few people but nothing happened. Shandora made dinner again for us. After dinner we went to see Sister Upshaw. She was so happy to see us. We had a nice talk with her. 
 
Thought:
"There are....so many kinds of voices in the world".... I admonish you to turn the volume down and to be influenced instead by that still, small voice which will guide you to safety. 
President Thomas S. Monson 
Scripture
Ether 12: 27 &37 
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
37 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.
I love how that we can find our weakness. We may already have and we just need to know how we did it. 
I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and how it has blessed me in my life. 
I hope all Y'all have a wonderful week! I hope you have the best day of your entire life. 
Thanks for all you do. 

Just to day Transfer calls are coming up. Monday you will find out who stays or leaves. 
Well talk to y'all next week. 
Love Y'all! 
-- Sister CharLynn McCulloch

No comments:

Post a Comment