Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Calling all Cops... December 14, 2015

Hey ya'll!!

On Monday I called J (one of our investigators) because she didn't
come to church! When we called a man answered, which threw me off
because she lives alone and is single! We started having a
conversation about church and he said "hold up, and asked if we allow
blacks at our church." My response was "well of course we do!" He then
asked "How many do you have in your church?!" Uh, I didn't know how to
respond to that so i said, we have a few, too much to count!" Then his
response was "is this a baptist church then?" The conversation went
all over but, he said that he would try and make it and wanted to
learn more! :) when I hung up the phone I looked at the number and
realized that I had called the wrong number. #awkwardmoment

Tuesday was transfers! We had lunch with our ward mission leader
before we went to the meeting. I was excited but super nervous about
who I would be getting! I ended up with a fantastic companion! I just
love her to pieces! My companion is S. Corrigan, she is from West
Jordan Utah!

Wednesday we went to Uptown Charlotte and met a preacher who started
to bash hard core on us and let us know what was up!  We eventually
got the cops got involved, they came over, and told him to leave, but
then we started to preach to the cops! It was crazy, uptown has some
crazy people!

Thursday was S. Spencer's birthday so we had a surprise lunch for her!
We had a couple members come out and on the way home, one of the less
active members that came turned to me and said " I am going to call
you Squirt squirt, Because I don't know how to say your name!" So now
squirt squirt is my new name!!

Nothing really happened on Friday. We had interviews within President
Alexander though! He told me I looked really happy and said my
countenance has changed! #transfermiracles

Saturday we went back to uptown we Met Sam!! He is so great and Wants
happiness for his family! We were able to show him the video, teach
the restoration and get a return appointment! He gave us a real
address and phone number!! We are so excited for him!! :)

Sunday was great, as always!! We were walking down one of our streets
in the area and  saw a cop pull someone over, which led to another cop
showing up and then the cops pulled a lady out of her car and then we
watched her get arrested, it happened so fast! #randommoments later
that night we called cops, Because someone was being beaten. It was
terrifying! This week we have just had so much cop involvement! It's
been crazy!


Quote of the week: "To those within the sound of my voice who are
struggling with challenges and difficulties large and small, prayer is
the provider of spiritual strength; it is the passport to peace.
Prayer is the means by which we approach our Father in Heaven, who
loves us. Speak to Him in prayer and then listen for the answer.
Miracles are wrought through prayer" - President Thomas S. Monson

Ponderizer: So, ponderizing scripture for the week? This is a good
'un! "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my
strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I
rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon
me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities in reproaches, in
necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for
when I am weak, then am I strong." (2 Corinthians 12: 9-10). I know
that I am nothing. I cannot do this work-no man can. But through His
grace, we are made sufficient. Everything that I have become and may
become is made possible through our Savior. He makes our  weaknesses
strong. So I mirror  Paul's feelings when he states that he takes
pleasure in in infirmities, reproaches, necessities, persecutions, and
distresses for Christ's sake. For through them, I know I will be made
strong. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is right there for us to use.
Let us never forget it, for it is only through Christ that we may ever
progress and become all that we need to be and all that God expects us
to be. We never need be "stuck in these bones.... We are free to
change." all because of Christ.

I love you all!!

Have a blessed week!!

Sister McCulloch

No comments:

Post a Comment