Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Setting the Bar High: Kallie, January 18th

What a great week!

Tuesday was a pretty interesting week! So, here is why, we went and
marinated in a neighborhood and came across this guy named D_____ he
seemed really receptive at first but then, we went all crazy on us. As
we were leaving he asked us if we believed in Christmas and we of
course said yes! He told us how we were wrong and that Christ would be
ashamed because it doesn't say or mention it in the bible that Christ
celebrates Christmas! He said Christ doesn't like liars and I ended up
quoting a scripture from the Book of Mormon that says "Wo unto the
Liar, for he shall be thrust down to hell!" That's 2 Nephi 9:34 just
in case you wanted to know but, he agreed with us but was sure that we
would be going to hell because he thought we were the ones lying...
That came back and hit us. #wearentlyingthough joke is on him!

Later that night we went and saw one of our less active members and as
we were teaching her, S. Corrigan looked over and raised her eyebrow
and asked "what is that!?" I looked over and it was a huge
cockroach... I screamed and jumped practically in her lap, it was
terrifying. The member came over to smack it away but she lost it...I
was worried it would crawl in my bag or up my skirt... It was a rough
night!

Later in the week we were helping a family pack up there home because
they were moving, the reason why they were moving was because of bed
bugs! Not more bugs!! But anyhoo..we were boxing stuff up and S.
Corrigan and I felt gross and as if there were bugs on us, we couldn't
stay there very long.

It was however  pretty good week! We got members to invite friends to
dinner in there homes! Miracles are happening in Matthews!! Speaking
of miracles it is miracle time!!

Miracles!!!
Miracle #1 It snowed yesterday! I was so excited I ran outside in the
middle of studies and danced in it! I am sure my companion thought I
was Insane! But, it was a miracle. I miss snow, but not the coldness
that comes with it! Minutes later we had sunshine, so it didn't last
too long, but, it was still worth it!

Miracle #2
Transfer calls are here... S. Corrigan and I get to stay together
another transfer! Yay!! We are super excited!  I will most likely be
in Matthews another transfer because she goes home this transfer! I am
excited for her to grow and progress her last transfer, she has
definitely been a great companion and support for me! I have been
blessed with great companions!

My scripture studies have been amazing! I have been able to learn so
much! I will like to share some of the things I have been able to take
away! I have still been pondering a lot about faith, and as I have
started to read the Book of Mormon again it amazes me the strength
that Nephi has, during his entire journey with his brothers pounding
on him and making his life miserable, he still puts trust in God and
prays to him! You can't get any better than that!
I love how the Lord had so much compassion on the people of Nephi! So,
he gave them a liahonna!

Great quote to go along with that thought: "The same Lord who provided
a Liahona for Lehi provides for you and for me today a rare and
valuable gift to give direction to our lives, to mark the hazards to
our safety, and to chart the way, even safe passage--not to a promised
land, but to our heavenly home. The gift to which I refer is known as
your patriarchal blessing. Your blessing is not to be folded neatly
and tucked away. It is not to be framed or published. Rather, it is to
be read. It is to be loved. It is to be followed. Your patriarchal
blessing will see you through the darkest night. It will guide you
through life’s dangers. … Your patriarchal blessing is to you a
personal Liahona to chart your course and guide your life"

I just love how God is always aware of us and our circumstances, when
we struggle we can turn to him, that is where our trust needs to take
place!

Ponderizer:Alma 34:32 I have learned that our clocks are ticking, that
we need to prepare to meet God now! I read a talk today that went
along perfect with my scripture, so I wanted to share a little bit!

"Now, consider how your pathway to eternal life is similar to these
athletes’ “four-minute performance.” You are an eternal being. Before
you were born, you existed as a spirit. In the presence of a loving
Heavenly Father, you trained and prepared to come to earth for a brief
moment and, well, perform. This life is your four minutes. While you
are here, your actions will determine whether you win the prize of
eternal life. The prophet Amulek described, “This life is the time …
to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day …
to perform [your] labors.”

Quote of the Week:
As we do the best we can in each area of our lives, we are, He. Jesus
said, to “continue in patience until ye are perfected.” (D&C 67:13.)
So if God does not reject nor condemn us for having unconquered
weaknesses as we work out our salvation, if he is willing to wait
patiently for our growth toward the ideals, what right do we have to
condemn or despise ourselves while we are in the process of learning
to overcome them?”
In the Arms of His Love - Steven Cramer

Love you all very much!! Have a blessed week!

Sister Kallie McCulloch

No comments:

Post a Comment