Tuesday, February 16, 2016

You got a friend in me: Kallie, January 11th

Hello Ya'll!!

This week has been pretty great!! We have done so many things and have tried to stay busy! Lets just say, it was a week that I didn't expect!!

We didn't really have a lot appointments set or let alone have appointments but, we decided that we were going to take a leap of faith and call people and set up appoitments, and ask people if they were interested! So, we sent a mass text to all of our investigators and guess what?! PEOPLE RESPONDED! #Miracles! It was so great, we had people text us and say "yeah, sure you can come over, or I haven't heard from Ya'll in forever! We are just tickled pink with excitement and hope that we see the fruits of our success starting to take place! Through small and simple things are great things that will come to pass!

Saturday was a crazy experience, I want to tell you a little about it!  We went to see D__ he was one of the people who texted us and told us to come over, he opened the door and he was nice, but then as time went on, wasn't too receptive. We didn't get to teach much. He had questions about what the Book of Mormon was and we were able to explain a little, but then he started a slight argument against it. N__, his sister, was there and she was peaking in and out of the conversation, then she sat down and listened and then she was  explaining to him what we really believe and asked us for clarification. Then she also took a Restoration pamphlet during the middle of us being there and she read some and then defended us some more :) Basically, she's more prepared than him. We invited both of them to read the Restoration pamphlet. D___was hesitant because it had "false pictures" in it. He was telling us that we don't know what Jesus Looks like so we shouldn't be having pictures of Jesus on pamphlets and cards if we don't know who he is or what he looks like, lets just say it was awkward, he then ened by saying that Jesus isn't Christian and so therefore we aren't Christians either! Its sad and hard when people think they don't need to know the truth or see what God has instore for them! God LOVES everyone, but in the end his sister N___accepted to read it, gave us her number and seemed pretty interested in what we had to say and share!!

Sunday: I took a trip to the Urgent Care in the evening, I was having stomach pains like you couldn't believe. We sat in the doctors office and the doctor came in and said "what are you in here for?" I told him that I was having lots of stomach issues. The first thing he asked me was if I was pregnant.  I dropped my mouth and said "No, I am not pregnant!" He said are you sure? You could be having a Christmas MIracle?!"  Ialmost died! I told him I was a missionary and there was no way I could be pregnant! So, He had me take a pregnancy test to see if I was. He came back in and said "I am sorry, No Christmas Miracle this time!" I thought it was hilarious but, He was serious! They ended up telling me that I was using my stomach muscles a lot when I was coughing and dryheaving and they said that that caused my muscles to tense and was causing lots of abdominal pain. I hope that is the case and  I can be cured. I guess we will find out one day! ;)

My studies this week has been really great! I wanted to share a little of what I have learned recently!

​I have been focusing a lot on pryaer and how we can stregthen our relationship of prayer and our communication with our Father in Heaven! I have learned that Communication with our Father in Heaven is not a trivial matter. It is a sacred privilege. It is based upon unchanging principles. When we receive help from our Father in Heaven, it is in response to faith, obedience, and the proper use of agency. Talking to Heavenly Father and praying to him should be a honor! We have been given the tools necessary to talk to our Heavenly Father because he loves us, so in return we need to pray with a full purpose of heart and with meaning! Love God, because he LOVES us!

I have also learned recently what it  takes to be a true friend and what a friend really is, do you know what a  friend is? Well, let me tell you what  I learned and discovered this week! So, A friend is a person who will not only take the time to know us, but also take the time to be with us and never desert us regardless of the circumstances. The Savior is our true friend, we need to take the  time and realize that the Love the Savior truly has for us, he takes the time to get to know us, he NEVER will leave us comfortless and wants us to remain happy, he is here to help us, to lift us up when our burdens are heavy. Trust in him, NEVER give up and know that if you feel that  you have no friends, look up because you  got TWO best friends who are constantly at your beck and call, all you need to do is give them a call! :D

A friend is also a priceless possession because a true friend is one who not only is willing to love us the way we are, but is able to leave us better than he found us. God is molding us and helping us become who we are to be and I love it! Sometimes we wonder why we are going through certain  trials, I have asked myself several times, WHY?! Why do I have to have pain, why can't I have a normal mission experience, but then I learn that God doesn't intend for me to be a cottage, he wants me to be a mansion and so he has to go in, tear down walls, knock out a few windows but in the end, I am who he wants me to become, which is a Mansion. Beauty lys within the beholder!

From one of the talks I read it said  "How sad, how long the day when we become low on ourselves! The worst form of defeat is to be conquered by self. Defeat is not pleasant, but nothing is so painful and devastating as self-defeat. Losing our self-dignity and self-respect is the worst form of poverty. When trust in friends and self are both lost, there is not much trust left in life." Don't loose your self worth! God wants you to be happy, and know  that we are worth more than we give ourselves credit for! Enjoy the journey! You only got one life! Live it to its fullest!!

Thought of the week:
A person is poor when he fails to remember who he really is and forgets his relationship to God, family, and self.

Ponderizer:
The Savior said, “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13). I LOVE this scripture! Oh the love that the savior has for us, to give up his life to where we may have everlasting life. He didn't have to do it, but he did because he loves US!


I love you all, I hope you have a FANTASTIC week!! :D

Love Always and Forever,

Sister Kallie McCulloch


Sister Lillian...African Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment