Monday, June 1, 2015

Kallie from the Hood

Kallie is hilarious.  Some of my favorite memories of her are her rapping "I am a Child of God" and "Pants on the Ground" alone and with Lonnie.  I can hear her voice in this email and I've had a hard time not laughing.  She is our drama queen extraordinaire and she'd be working this with all she's got.

Here's her weekly email:
Hey Ya'll!!!! 

I have been working on my Ebonics. Tell me how I'm doing. Maybe after this I will be put in the Ebonics program! So as you read this try to do it in your best Ebonics voice! 

Hope you all hada bumpin week! It's awl good in da hood here in Winston-Salem.  We be havin miracles like nobodies binniz.  My girl Kimberly  is boutta be baptized by da powa ah da priesthood! 
So one day we be driving a lot, preachin da gospel and if we drive too much we gunna get a phone call and be like: "rang, rang. You be drivin too much. We ain't got miles fo all dat." And den they be lecturing us and it woulda bin awl baaaaad. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. So we took da bus but surprise it be raining so we bike  And den we be drenched. Luckily we had da ca so we could go fa. #blessed. 
And den we be goin home from our appointment and it be gettin dark. And errybody know the weirdos be comin out at night. So we be bookin it home. 

It was a pretty good week! I love the fact that we are able to teach the gospel and help people come closer to him. We taught lesson after lesson and we were able to set five baptismal dates and they all said yes! Boo yeah! Party house! We be preaching the gospel and bringing people closer to christ! 

We also had some conference and we were able to learn more about how to give good talks. We also learned about how to be the first one in, standing firm and being the last one out! It was really great! Mae learned about the importance of trusting in God and living by gods standards. It is as so so good. I will share more about it next week. Ran out of time today.....p day keeps you so busy!!!!

I don't really have much to say, other then missionary work is going great, and i am loving being a missionary! The church is true and I know that God answers prayers. He here's us even in our hardest times, he has answered my prayers countless times. 

Scripture of the week: doctrine and covenants 121:7-9 God is always here for us, and with us no matter what he will help us through it all! Trust him and we will be okay! 

I hope ya'll have a great week! Remember who you are and what you stand for! 

God bless! 

Until next week! 

Sister McCulloch 

No comments:

Post a Comment