Monday, August 10, 2015

Lonnie: Lovin 'La Ponderosa!

This past week was just.....tiring. I literally felt like I was dying in church yesterday. We brought six people to church and we are trying to talk with everyone--and giving them the chance to accept a baptismal date. I'm trying to think of better ways to invite them so they are more willing to accept it, but at the same time, I know I can't sugarcoat the Restoration. My testimony of the Restoration and the Atonement have grown so much here. Never did I expect that. Buuuuut.....where much is given, much is required, right? Hence why I am sharing that testimony with all in my path!

We heard a LOT of rejection this week, but you know what? It's been one of the happiest weeks of my mission so far! On sàbado, Santos was baptized! And it was just the.....happiest moment ever! I have never worked so hard to help someone get the answers to their questions, know the truth, and act on their response. I....was so proud to see that man step into the water and make covenants with our Father. And as he rose up again, he just stood there--wiping the water and tears from his face. Best. Moment. Ever. I love this minutero with all my heart. Funny how even as I first invited him to be baptized on the 8th, I doubted it. Goes to show that we should NEVER judge a book by its cover. The Spirit works miracles! 

One other story about this week. Sister Aillery and I were on interchanges sàbado and we had a miracle. Hna. Alsdorf and I have been praying for miracle investigators who approach us on the street forever and on sàbado, he did! This man named Salvador started to ask us if we preach and then said he used to go to this church. The day of his baptism that had been scheduled was the day he ended up moving to Santa Tecla! So anyway, we gave him a pamphlet and invited him with a fecha. He accepted and said he'd be at church the next day. And he did come! We had told him that we'd come back later to teach him about the pamphlet, but it turns out that as he showed up that evening, I could tell something was wrong. It didn't take long for me to smell the alcohol on his breath and to know he was drunk. We still entered the room with the baptismal font and decided to have a brief lesson about the necessities of preparing to be baptized and just before we left, the tears welled up in his eyes and he said, "Hermanas. Yo quiero dejar lo que està en el pasado. No quiero regresar al hombre que era...." So we testified of the Atonement and the power that we have access to to overcome our challenges and temptations. And Sister Alsdorf brought up the whole, "'Twas I, but 'tis not I..." thing. It was great! And as he spoke, I just felt such overwhelming love for this man. This will be my last mission miracle--I just know it! So keep him in your prayers. I know that with God, anything is possible. We just need him to recognize that!


I love the mission and I love every person that we have the privilege to meet. I still am praying like crazy every day that I will have this overwhelming love for the people here that God has for them. And each and every day, that love still grows. Every day I wake up with a smile and I go to bed just as happy, often thinking, "How did I get to be so lucky to serve here with these people?" God knows what we need. And if we trust Him, He will guide us to places we could never get to by ourselves. And I testify that He will always give us the strength we need to make it throught those difficult times!

I love and pray for you all. Have a great week!

Love Always,

Hermana McCulloch

No comments:

Post a Comment