Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference was great, so now what?

Hey y'all!

First off, thank you for all the birthday wishes! It was a great birthday! :)

This week was a great week! Full of excitement, exchanges I headed to
concord with sister Morris and Flaherty, sister Buckner stayed with
Sister Blaylock, we also had a day full of an amazing mission
conference and a weekend of listening to General Conference!

Tuesday and Wednesday: we went on exchanges! There are great people in
Concord!! We talk this one investigator they had at night, she asked a
lot of really good questions! :-)  we taught the restoration as well
as the plan of salvation.

Thursday: At mission conference we learned about family history. We
learned about hearts, and how hearts represent the total sum of who I
am spiritually and physically through my thoughts, goals and desires!
As missionaries we are in the process of helping people change their
hearts! What a great calling we have! :-) we also learned about the
spirit of Elijah and how it is a manifestation of Holy Ghost bearing
witness of the divine nature of the family.

Turned hearts is the beginning of changed hearts! We also learned that
we we teach people we need to show our love and during the process,
When they feel the spirit they are feeling the message of the
restoration!

Friday: my birthday!! It was really good day! :-) I woke up in the
morning and I went to the bathroom to find lots of yellow balloons all
over the place! It was exciting, I asked Sister B when she had the
time to blow them all up and she looked at me with a smile on her face
and said 3 AM. I was shocked but she was serious! For lunch that day
we went to red Robin and eat with the senior missionaries and the
elders in our apartment complex it was lots of fun! The workers came
over and sing happy birthday to us and then we had one of the workers
sing a very interesting version of happy birthday while dancing. It
was very awkward!!

Saturday:  Now with General Conference, what a great weekend!!! It
rained a lot this weekend! In the morning one of the elders
investigators got baptized! :-) When we were heading to the members
home to watch conference one of the roads was completely flooded over
, the bridge collapses as water rushed over leaving it impossible for
us to go through, we had to go all the way around to get to the other
entrance which was about a 12 minute drive, we missed the first
speaker! We were so sad!

Sunday: another great day of conference! :-) full of excitement, and
joy. Saddest part was President Monson, I thought he was going to fall
over! It was hard for him I bet loosing those dear friends of his!
That night we went to get our dinner from a member! We got back in the
car and sister Buckner says.."a door is open!" So we check both our
doors, no luck...I unbuckled...and squirmed to the back seat of the
car and opened the back door and shut it. As I was coming back forward
my hand landed in our plate of cheesecake! NO NOT THE CHEESECAKE! As I
tried getting back up to the front I was stuck...my body was lodged in
between the seat and  I thought I was going to die..luckily I got
through and victory was restored!!

Great week!! I loved it! What was everybody's favorite talk from conference!

Well, I suppose I'll leave you with my scripture that I chose to
ponderize for the week: Jacob 3:1 "But behold, I, Jacob, would speak
unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind,
and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in
your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice
upon those who seek your desctruction." I testify that God IS there
for us if only we are willing to open the door. He wants to bless and
help us so much. Don't become focused on the winds and waves of the
world, focus on the Lord and EVERYTHING will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment