Monday, March 28, 2016

A New Transfer

I love Mondays!  P-days really are the best!  I met a sister missionary serving in our stake last week who is from Savannah, Georgia.  I told her that my daughter was currently serving in Savannah, Georgia. She laughed and told me that Charlie was serving in her ward.  Small world!

Hey Y'all, 
Well this week was a different week. So how was all Y'all s Easter? Mine was great it just rained all day long. 
Well to get to the week. 
Monday it was Sister Dietz birthday so we had lunch at Bishop's and had dinner at Michyel pope's house. Then we did good byes for Sister Dietz and Sister Poynter. 
It was crazy! 
Tuesday we woke up at 5:30am and left by 6:45am for our 3 hour drive to Macon. So just to say it was so good to see my past companions. So the moment y'all have been waiting for...
My New Companion is Sister North. She is From Ceder City Utah. She has been out for 5 1/2 months. She is awesome. 
So the rest of the day we went out to see members in the ward to meet her. It was just a good day. Also hearing the bombing on the way home was a little scary. 
Wednesday we went out to see some Less actives and investigators. Just to say it was a strange day. We didn't get to see that many people. But we got to see those we needed to. Also we had our missionary correlation as well. Just to say everyone loves making fun of Sister North's name. They just say wait your not Sister North we are in the south. 
But we had a wonderful time. We even went Tracting and met someone who has read the book of Mormon and she has friends who are Mormon. IT was so cool. 
Thursday we went and contacted our referral. Just to say we went up there and he told us not to waste our time and that this was his house. It was a little funny of how he said it. But we tried a few more people around and it ended up time for lunch. So we went back. We ended up trying to see a  family and we went there and we found out that they where about to go to bed. It was sad. 
Friday was our weekly planning. Just to say it was wonderful to go through who we should try this week. Also just to say Sister North had some amazing Ideas to put into the weekly planning. It was a lot of fun. 
Well after that we went out and tried a few people and then we went to dinner at a members. It was so good. Also we went out and tried to see a few more people but no one answered so we went and saw Ms.Margret and we where able to put her on date to be baptized. We asked her if we could help her out with the smoke smell in her house. I asked if we could come and shampoo her carpets and she said yes. It was so excited to help her out. 
Saturday was such a good day. So the night before I was looking at the map to see where we should tract and the Area Bloomingdale popped out. So we went over there. The first door we knocked on a young mother came out and we gave her a book of Mormon to read. She told us we could come back next week. We also gave her our number if she has any questions after that. I don't know why but when I Looked at her there was something about her that stood out. Something good. 
After that we knocked on more doors and then had lunch. Which we brought a sack lunch with us. It was really good. After that we went to a less actives house and we had a great talk. Then after that we had our Cottage meeting with The Creek Family. Which it was so much fun. We got to go on an Easter Egg Hunt. I Really Loved that. Also Lauren's Kids came down. And Just to say her Daughter came right up to me and we had a fun time. I even gave her some of my Easter Eggs and she won for the most eggs. It was so funny. After words we had the General Women's Conference. Just to say it was so good. I loved every sec of it. I loved getting the counsel every 6 months from our leaders. They truly know how to help us out. Well after words a member took us out to sonic to get a milk shake and guess what. They ran out of Ice Cream. It was really sad. But we got shaved ice. 
Sunday was amazing! I loved it. Church was so good. I love when it comes to Easter because sacrament meeting is all center on Him. Well it rained all day. We also got a text from a family and they invited us to Easter Dinner. It was so much fun. They had their friends and family and all of the Missionaries. Just to say her daughter's nickname is Charlie. So that was a little hard not to look when ever she called her name. But just to say the food was great. 
Well we went and saw a few people after words and then came home and got ready for the next day. 

Thought 
Doctrine and Covents 76:22-24
And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives
 For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—
That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God.
I am so grateful for Christ Atonement! I know that he died for all of us; so that one day that we may live again. I know that we all go through things that we wish we didn't go through but I know that it is worth it in the  end.  I love my Savior and I can't wait for the day when I can come and give him a big hug and thank him in person for everything he did for me. 
I Love y'all! Have the best day of your entire life. Remember Who you are and what you stand for. 
Also my hair has really grown. I have notice because I take pictures and look at where my name  tag is and there it is covered by my hair. 
Sister CharLynn McCulloch



No comments:

Post a Comment