Monday, May 18, 2015

Getting from Point A to Point B...Kallie

It has been a pretty exhilarating week! I had the opportunity to speak in Spanish a little bit! It was just so great, scary but it turned out amazing! Story will be mentioned later on. :) 

I don't know how to explain it but having Sister Messagee leave was hard. I didn't know how close we were until she drove away and I was given a new Companion. It was hard to adjust! I miss her, She was defiantly a blessing in my life and helped me grow closer to my Heavenly Father! 

So...The new companion, she is from Kasirum Utah, has 10 siblings (Half-Siblings and Step Siblings) So they all don't count as 10 from one family. she is pretty great! We get along great and have a lot in common. 

This week has been pretty great! We have been able to see many people and I have been able to share the gospel and my testimony with many many people! I wasn't really opened in talking but after the 12 weeks were over I have talked so much and been open up to everyone! I have noticed my testimony developing and being strengthened by everyone I talk to and every time I open my mouth. 

We had a Spanish Book of Mormon in our apartment that I saw at the beginning of my mission and I told myself that one day I am going to place this Book of Mormon to someone that wants it. Sister Christensen and I were looking through our Former Investigators and we stopped by to say hello to him and he wasn't there but,  his mom answered the door and only spoke Spanish, I could only say a few words here and there to her and she told us to come back the next day, so later we went back and she was there again, her husband was as well (he spoke a little English) and we were able to share the gospel with them and I talked a little bit in Spanish and placed the Book of Mormon with her! She said she will read it and we can come back again later! It was a great experience!


Story of the Week:
-Sister Christensen and I were heading to an appointment and decided that we were going to brush our teeth before we left because we just ate lunch. I was putting on my shoes and walked into the bathroom to grab my toothbrush, well It wasn't there and I turn to my companion and there it was in HER mouth! My jaw dropped and in a panic I blurted out "MY TOOTHBRUSH" she looked down and she said oops, I thought it was mine. My head was spinning, what was I going to do? I asked another question.. I said "are you still going to use that? She said no and threw it away and gave me a new one. Victory has been restored. I have a toothbrush again! :D 

Quote of the Week:
"First doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith, We must never allow doubt to hold us prisoner and keep us from the divine love, peace, and gifts that come through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ."  IF we put our faith in Christ and not worry about the circumstances that we are going through then we have no need to worry. Our faith will get us through it all! 

Scripture of the Week:
 Alma 34:31- Yea, I would that ye would come forth and harden not your hearts any longer for behold, now is the time and the day of your salvation; and therefore if ye will repent and harden not your heart, immediately shall the great plan of redemption be brought about unto you!  
- No matter what happens or what course we are taking, where we are now is where we are suppose to be, it is what God wants us to do and the way he wants us to accomplish that task. 

I love ya'll so much! Thank you for the prayers and helping me keep myself going each day! 

Thank you for the examples you are in my life :) 

Sister Kallie  
Kallie and Sister Messegee

Kallie and Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment