Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The theme of Lonnie's mission...

I think my daughter needs a class on time management.  It would serve her right if I went in and added one to her fall schedule at BYU.  :)
A little over a month and our Hermana will be home.  We are getting excited!  Here is her email for the week:

No time this week......so.....sorry if I didn't respond personally to any of your emails! I tried! :(

I don't really know what to talk about this week. Hector Vigil was baptized! It was just......so amazing. It made me so happy. I can't remember if I have told you about him before, buuuut what happened is that we met his family on our first day here in La Ponderosa. His grandson, Hector Javier, is the bwai that got baptized about a month ago. His wife has been a member for almost twelve years and Hector just....never listened to the missionaries. He was Catholic, busy with work, and just.....didn't want to listen to them. We started visiting them because Mirna, his wife, wanted the grandson to be baptized, so we continued teaching him. One afternoon, Hector came back from work, and we took advantage and showed him "Gracias a Èl--yes. Now you know how long ago that was.... :) jaja Well anyway, he finally started talking a little more to us. And then a week and a half later, he told his wife he wanted to come to church with her. At first she didn't believe him, but the next morning, he woke up early, showered, and drove everyone over. The obispo snagged him before he could leave right after the sacrament meeting, and they spent about an hour talking. He later decided he wanted to listen more from us missionaries. And so the teaching began....

It was difficult to teach him at first because that all happened when Hna. Alsdorf went to the hospital (and he was NOT one of the investigators I had phone lessons with... :) jaja), so it took us a few days to finally visit him. When we did manage to make it over, he began chatting and the visit went suuuuper long. In fact, we didn't have time to teach the Restoration like we had originally planned. So we showed "Gracias a Èl" and once again, the Spirit testified to him of the Expiaciòn and eternal families and he agreed to be baptized on the 17 of julio--the day of his daughter's birthday. She is the other member in the family and he thought it would be a good gift for her... Well....poco a poco, we have seen the change in him. As he stood there in that baptismal font and came up out of the water, he just.....shined. I have never seen a smile more radiant than what I saw on Hector's face that night. He wants his eternal family and now he has finally opened the door that leads him to such a wonderful gift! 

This is changing my life. Each and every day I am receiving manifestations of the truth. I see more and more how much this gospel has blessed my life and my family. I can't live without it. Never again will I go to church on Sunday "just to go." I go because I know that it is what Heavenly Father needs me to do and it's what I WANT to do. And I want others to feel that same happiness that I do....

Find opportunities to invite others to share the happiness you have! And honestly stop to think about why this gospel is a part of your life and why God has blessed you with it NOW.

I love and pray for you all. Keep staying strong

Love Always,

Hermana McCulloch
Multi Zone conference with Elder and Sister Ochoa

Baptismo Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment