Tuesday, March 24, 2015

It's P-day!!!

I awoke this morning to an email from Sister Woolley of the Salt Lake South Mission telling me how much she loves Charlie and thanking me for sending her to them.  She also sent me a picture of Charlie and Sister Bangerter.  Such cute girls!


Then I received an email from Sissy aka Sister Kallie McCulloch.  I will copy and paste that.

"Oh my goodness yes spring is very beautiful here I just haven't had
time to take me but I will take pictures for you :-). I just love all
the colors that they have on the trees! The pink and purple and white
are just so excited. It finally means spring is here and that winter
Is finally gone! Yay!! Hola!!! Hahaha

Goodness mama get out of the sun! We need you in Heath..but you better
of put on sunscreen on  and of drank enough water to keep you
hydrated. If not sissy is gonna kick your butt!! :)

Anyways this week was great! Got a smile on my face, except when it
gets super hard and frustrating, but hey daddy is with, which helps
keep me going!

I will try sending some pictures that i have in a little bit. :)

Have a great week!

Love Sissy"


I will add any photos she sends with her mass email that will come in later this afternoon.  She sounds good.  :)

Lonnie sent the next email with a picture forwarded to me from Sister Hintze.



"So. no time this week. So once again, I am copying and pasting from president's email. I was changed to the capital--belmopan. i am now serving amongst the sweetest people ever--the mayans. My area covers a place called Mayamopan, a place that has captured my heart in an instant. i was so worried about not being able to love a place as much as Corozal, but miracle of the mission--I do. I LOVE Belmopan.

So without further ado, my excerpt to President:


"This week has been chalk full of miracles, President. I LOVE my new companion. Sister Richins and I have gotten along SO well. Seriously. I wish you could have been there at change meeting, we both practically died when they called out our names. I almost fell over when we hugged each other as well! haha :D 

But....to share just a few stories with you.... We almost got in a car accident. We were zooming down to the church on Saturday evening to get to our baptism that we had planned. We were by this place called Garden City plaza and as we were nearing the intersection, we could hear the honks of the SUV behind us. Well....it didn't occur to us that they were possibly drunk because we weren't turning around, we were just so focused on getting to the church. Well....we cross the road and start taking a shortcut through the park when suddenly, we both heard a car collide into something--another car! We look back at the spot where we had been just....seven seconds before and there were two cars smashed together, that one SUV still randomly honking. I know that it may sound ridiculous, that we could have been in the middle of that, that if we had been there, it probably wouldn't have happened, but Sister Richins and I both know that we were saved by divine intervention. We had been speeding as fast as we could because of a lesson we got out of kind of late. I know that if things had been slowed down or just.....any number of things could have happened, but we were saved from that accident. I know that were it not for divine intervention, we could have been caught up in that.

We also had a couple of really cool lessons with people that I know that I have needed to meet! I'm sure of it! So even though I am devastated to be leaving my Corozalenos, I know that I am supposed to be here in this beautiful town of Belmopan. There was one lesson that we had with this Mayan man. His name is J___. President, we have been teaching him in a form of Mayan English/Kriol. And I love it! Sometimes he has a difficulty of understanding things, but he is smart. He KNOWS he needs to do this. He just likes to test our patience. Well that same Saturday before the baptism, we were teaching him about the law of chastity. And somewhere along that commandment, he opened up and shared his story--why he hurts, why it's hard for him to want to come back to church and trust that he will receive blessings, why he began to drink. He shared so much and I was filled with so much compassion for him. I LOVE these people of Mayamopan. I LOVE my companion. We are seeing so many miracles and will continue to see so much more, I know we will! The branch is talking about redividing the areas and I.....my heart gets wrenched at just the thought of that! President, I KNOW I need to be here. We are touching hearts that no one else can. We can't just leave all of our progress, all of the miracles that the Lord has blessed our companionship with! We are praying for a miracle. I love these people that I already can't bear the thought of leaving them...."


So one more story. We had a lesson with a young man who has been an investigator for a little while with the former sisters. He has a problem with smoking, drinking, and drugs. And he wants to change, but just feels as if he.....can't. Well we showed him the Mormon Message "Because of Him' and had just the most.....spiritual lesson ever. I was so overwhelmed with love for him and we just.....were able to testify of the Atonement and of God's love for him. I shared a scripture in 2 Corinthians about Christ's grace and how he is strong and Christ's Atonement is made perfectbecause he (we are) is weak. And then we made an analogy about basketball and choosing Christ to be on our team.

know he can overcome these temptations. If we didn't believe that, we would have dropped him a long time ago. But we trust in Christ's Atonement to help him overcome his challenges. As we talked about basketball, putting it in a way that he could understand, Sister Richins said something that stuck with me: As I told him that he needed to choose Christ as his teammate, she said, "Y con 'El, jam'as, va a perder." (With Him, you will never lose.)

I know that to be true. If any of us have challenges or temptations, nothing can stop us from reaching Heavenly Father's presence. Christ's grace is made perfect in our weakness. He has all power. Because He loves us, Hewill help us. If we have faith the size of a mustard seed, we can move mountains--even those mountains that create stumbling blocks in our lives right now. Seek for Him in prayer and choose Him to be on YOUR team. He will always be there.

I love you all so much! Keep praying, studying your scriptures, and attending church! That's where strength comes from!

Love Always,

Sistah M.

I'm just waiting on Bitty Bug's email and that should arrive within the next two hours.   It's wonderful to hear from all 3 of my girls on the same day.  I'm glad they are doing well.  

Here is Sister Bitty Bug's latest email:
Hey family,
How are things going?
Well have fun at Texas this week.

Well things are great here.  Lessons are slow but we are meeting a lot
of people.
Well president chambers was thinking of trading us out with elders.
But he is feeling that we are safer here.

St Patrick's day was so fun. Did you wear green.
Our zone leaders didn't wear green so one of the sisters told them to
hold out their hands and she pinched their finger. It was fun to
watch.

Also we had exchanges. I was the one her left the area. So the other
side of my area. It was fun to see the other side of how it works. I
learned a lot.

Well yesterday we sung in church with the district leaders. But we
were part of the choir. We sung. The song. Efy  melody as sisters in
Zion and will bring the world his truth. It was so fun to be apart of
that.
Just saying I have loved having to speak and sing. I am showing my
inner talents.

Well I know this email is short but nothing really happened this week.

I love you. Have a fun week and enjoy the weather.

Sister C. McCulloch

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment